Autohaus, a boutique auto storage and car community, is a private, members-only, 24/7 secured car facility for clients to safely garage their prized motorized possessions.
The historic building was constructed in 1939 as home to a lithograph printer. At some time, the structure became a public parking garage, lending its wide-open layout to the Autohaus owners’ vision.
The project consisted of renovation of the 14,000 sf enclosed parking garage with conversion of approximately 1,500 sf into a private garage workspace with the ability to be used as a car sales showroom. Design included new utilities, roof, showroom spaces, restroom, kitchenette, finishes, lighting plan, and minor revisions to the exterior for new windows, doors, signage, and demolition of mansard. Renovations included refinishing the concrete floor, new striping and painting walls and ceilings.